Sunday, August 2, 2009

Visit to Bronco Training Camp

I visited Bronco training camp Sunday night for the first time in several years. My son Andrew and I had front row seats at around the 10 yard line.

I could see some differences in the way McDaniels ran training camp compared to Mike Shanahan. The players came out to music blaring, and there was a longer time devoted to stretching.

For this evening practice the pace was relaxed. Some of the veterans didn't suit up and the brief scrimmage at the end featured mostly 2nd and 3rd teamers. That's rookie quarterback Tom Brandstater (left) who took all the snaps in the scrimmage.

I was impressed with rookie wide receiver Kenny McKinley (shown at the right before catching a pass from Brandstater). McKinley had a few nice receptions and showed good agility. Had McKinley not caught the pass on the right I think it would have hit my camera!

I'm hoping to attend the workout at Invesco later this week where hopefully I'll see more 1st teamers in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment