Friday, March 26, 2010

Greatest All Time Bronco Plays: Dennis Smith's big hit

So many highlights to choose from for my top 12 all time bronco plays! This one didn't make my top 12 but I decided to include some of my other favorites before resuming the countdown.



A game changing play in Dennis Smith's rookie year - a big hit forcing a fumble in overtime from the Brown's Calvin Hill. Smith had the smarts to stay in bounds and recover the fumble too. I included a couple of plays after the fumble to show the Broncos win - 10 minutes later Calvin Hill was still dazed walking off the field!

From the clip you'll also see future Broncos play by play man Dave Logan of the Browns protesting that the ball was out of bounds.

This was a key win for the Broncos in Dan Reeves 1st year as head coach (1981). Denver went on to finish 10-6.

No comments:

Post a Comment